Introducing our new composition competition, Soundskool Songsmith!
Soundskool Songsmiths is a unique competition designed to celebrate our students' creative talents. Our aim is to inspire and nurture creativity from an early stage, recognizing that music composition is a valuable yet sometimes overlooked skill in music education.
Submissions are accepted now through 25th November, and we encourage all eligible candidates to participate in the competition. Now is the time to show off your talent!
Details of the Competition
- The applicant must play the instrument they study at soundskool (but the piece can be accompanied by other instruments)
- Any instruments, any genres, any ages
- Performance length: minimum 1 minute
- Music notation is optional for submission
- Format: can be solo, multi instruments, or backing tracks, also student ensemble. However all those must be composed by the student or students (no duet with teacher)
- Students introduce their name and the song title at the beginning
- The recording needs to be continuous with no editing permitted
- Videos can be recorded by their teacher, by staff, or by themselves at home
- Can use computer composition for backing tracks
Assessment And Rewards
- Soundskool students of every branch is able to enter the competition (no age limit)
- All the videos will be assessed by school management, then the list of the winners will be published
- 2 winners will be selected among the participated candidates (no age limit or instrument/genre categories)
- Judges will consider all elements such as creativity, performance, age, then will select the two best ones
- Each winner will be granted with:
- A trophy
- A Booklet with notes of the composition
- A High quality video of the winner posted on Soundskool's social medial
Note that all applicants must fill in the form ‘Approval for Posting on Social Medias’ to give consent before entering the competition.
Winners will be announced on the 5th of December at the latest. Keep your eyes on the news!
For further details, contact your school desk.
Send your submissions here.
Find us on Social Media
Subscribe to Soundskool's blog for more exciting updates!